The Culinistas' THINK PINK Salad
Prep Time 20 mins
Serves 4 to 6
- ¼ cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tsp sumac, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup olive oil ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled ¼ chives, cut into batons, plus more for garnish
- 1 medium head radicchio, chopped Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, soak dates in warm water, 10 mins; strain water.
- Supreme the grapefruit & transfer the segments to a small bowl. Squeeze out + reserve juice from the grapefruit scraps in another small bowl.
- Make the date dressing: In a high speed blender, blend dates, grapefruit juice + sumac. While the motor is running, stream in oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix supremed grapefruit, radishes, feta, chives & radicchio; dress to taste.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with sumac & chives
- Supreme: With a sharp paring knife, cut a ¼ inch slice off the top & bottom of the grapefruit. Set the grapefruit on a flat end so it stands like a barrel. Follow the curve of grapefruit, slicing off the peel + pit in 1 inch strips all the way around. Slice out the segments without the membranes by setting the grapefruit on its side & cutting toward the center, along the segment membrane. Slice along the adjacent membrane until the cuts meet, releasing the segment.
- Consistency of the dressing should be loose enough, just coating the back of a spoon. Adjust with 1-2 tb date water accordingly.
Dietary & Allergen Info:
- Gluten Free
- Contains Dairy